It's summer. And there's a new sheriff in town. His name is Jack. And at the moment our regularly scheduled summer program has been put on hold. I am trying to just let it ride and accept this summer may be a wash when it comes to tent camping and boating, our all time favorite summer pastimes. And remind myself that this time next year he will be one... omg ONE. But we've got time before that reality sets in. And by then I might start to feel like I have this +1 mini person in our life down...maybe. But I do know "they" say kids at that age can be on a boat and as of late I believe everything "they" say. However, I have a confession, "they" are the driving me crazy. Sometimes I just nod my head when I'm reading what "they" say to do and then do what works for us... shh don't tell "them". Because sometimes "they" save me when I am at a loss, I don't want to jinx myself or anything. ;)
Anyways. Since I am grounded on some level this summer I have been perusing the internet a lot ... Pinterest you devil, I love you. Instagram, my all time favorite companion. Bloglovin' keeps my blog obsession organized on some level. Our phones are a funny thing. Everything in this day and age we could ever need/want/dream of is basically at our fingertips. So because I have been a pinning/bookmarking fool and because I FINALLY found my Kindle charger and want to make sure I take note of a few of the things I'd like to read now that I've found it, I thought I'd share what I've been dreaming of doing, reading, seeing, listening to, etc. Lately....
I am usually a really fast reader. This summer I suspect I'll be a little slower, so while my GoodReads list is growing by the minute, I'll just share the top 3 books that are catching my eye right now!
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin
Because let's face it I have been spending a lot of time on the couch, with Jack. Feeding him, burping him, just staring at him haha. Let me just say, for the record most of what I find on TV sucks haha. I find myself choosing what to watch on onDemand and Netflix. I have found a few shows I look forward to, but in general I have the TV on for noise/company and not content.
- Crossbones - not sure the station or time it's on, I watch it on onDemand. It's new and interesting. Maybe not the BEST show I've seen but it'll do.
- House of Cards - OMG. If I didn't like anything else on Netflix (I actually LOVE Netflix) I would have Netflix for this one series only. Kevin Spacey is amazing. As is the entire show & cast. I highly recommend this one.
- True Blood - The last season ever. It's my guilty pleasure and always has been haha.
- Fixer Uppers - HGTV. I just love everything about this show. The hosts, their (life)style, their design values. I kind of want to be them. I watch it over and over when there is a marathon on, even if I've seen the episode before, which is likely because they have only done one season so far.
- Game of Thrones - Ok really if you have HBO and haven't watched this, I have no words. It's good. Really good. Like I don't think of myself as someone who would get hooked on this kind of show, but seriously, it's really, really good.
Beats Music is my jam lately. Because I have a free trial. But I like it! I also like Pandora and Spotify and iHeartRadio. They each have their own niche of how you can listen to music. I like variety. Here are a few of my fave stations/albums/artists I've been listening to lately.
- Lana Del Rey
- Country Music... If I were to list all of my faves, I think I'd lose you after number 20. I just love country!
- Of Monsters and Men
- Amos Lee - one of my go to guys, I love his old and new stuff
I really have high hopes to do a few of these things on my Pinterest list this summer.
I hope you all are enjoying your summer!
Photo taken at Dillon Beach last year. Contax 645|Fuji 400H